BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Turkey Trot Running Plan


I made my running goal today! Woo! I did 3.2 miles. Obviously not the best time wise but I am really, really proud of my accomplishment- I only stopped 3 times, for 10 seconds each. I am training for the Turkey Trot, a downtown Dallas run event on Thanksgiving. Scott and I did the 5k last year...I want to do the "long one" this time!! :) I am disappointed that I gave up running for so long- I have only run 5-6 times in the last 5-6 MONTHS. Yikes. My body responds really well once I get into the right groove, but it takes me a bigt to hit it. I don't care how long it takes me to run those 8 miles...I'm going to DO IT!!!! Even if it takes me 5 hours. lol! :)I've got 6 weeks to run the trot, so here's my plan:

This week -3 miles
Oct 18-24- hit a max of 4 miles
Oct 25-31- max of 5 miles
Nov 1-7- max of 6 miles
November 8-14- max of 7 miles
Nov 15-26- stay at 7 miles
November 27- TURKEY TROT!!! RUN 8 MILES!! Run Run Run! :)

Then eat...some thanksigving-y food. I am probably not going to eat a turkey this year- I'm not that huge of a fan and when I read about the poor baby turkeys getting injected with super growth hormones to make us a dinner....it made me sad. :( So I am on the prowl for some yummy cruelty free thanksgiving food! Any suggestions?

Love,

Tania :)



PS- In honor of the OU/tx game this weekend...Sam Bradford & Colt McCoy (the QBs) are second. Worth watching :)

BOOMER SOONER!!!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I don't have any Thanksgiving suggestions for you. I LOVE turkey, and I just can't imagine Thanksgiving without it. And you could always buy organic, you know. And you have a very sensible running plan. Not too crazy, and good goals. I wish I liked to run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your running plan! I am sure the Turkey Trot will be much fun. Good luck training!

    As for Turkey Day eats... I am all about the turkey. However, when I was younger, my family used to roast cornish hens, which was nice. Or you could try ...tofurkey?

    ReplyDelete